Your spring bulbs should be in full swing now, and along with blossom in the trees, spring is everywhere you look. Hardy annuals can now be sown and summer bulbs planted out where they are to grow ready for the summer. Your summer bedding should be coming along nicely now undercover.
- Sow hardy annuals outside
- Plant summer bulbs in the garden
- Pinch out the growing tips of summer bedding plants growing undercover to improve bushiness and flowering
- Plant out seed potatoes
- Protect new plant growth emerging from slugs and snails
- Restore the condition of your lawn after winter
- If your roses suffered from black-spot last year start spraying against I as soon as the buds burst.
- With the warmer weather keep an eye out for aphids on your prized plants and spray if necessary